COPYRIGHT PERMISSION OF USE AND TO QUOTE
FIVE COLUMN: The Synoptic Gospel
Hard Cover Edition - red maps
First Printed Edition:
4 editor proof copies
original Five Column four Gospel harmony database
FIVE COLUMN: The Synoptic Gospel
First Hard Cover Edition with red maps - March, 2015.
Compiled by: Daniel John
Cover design: Daniel John and Leon Nguyen
All Rights Reserved. No part of this publication may be copied, printed, reproduced or transmitted in any form, for any purpose, with the exception of the following specific permissions:
1. Use of The Synoptic Gospel Verses
A) Use of up to Nine verses
In exception to the above Reservation of Rights, and Fair Dealing (see 4. below), short quotations of up to nine verses may be used from the fifth column text of this book without the written permission of Smart Publishing Ltd. for commercial and non-commercial worship and educational purposes, such as in a church newsletter or bulletin, Sunday School or similar short lesson, or during a sermon or worship service. All quoted or reproduced verses must be acknowledged as The Synoptic Gospel xxx.y, or when in print TSG xxx.y may be used - where xxx is the scene reference number and y is the verse(s).
B) Use of Ten or more verses
Up to and including one hundred verses may be quoted, reproduced or distributed for commercial and non-commercial use, provided that the quoted verses amount to less than 30% of the total work in which they are used, and that the reference to each Synoptic Gospel verse or set of verses is notated as The Synoptic Gospel xxx.y, or TSG xxx.y, or simply as xxx.y for acknowledgement types i) and ii) below - where xxx is the scene reference number and y is the verse(s).
Acknowledgement: The use of ten or more verses requires that acknowledgement is included on the copyright page of the completed work, or where it is appropriate, of the most applicable of the following statements:
- All Scriptures are taken from The Synoptic Gospel © 2009. Used by permission of Smart Publishing Ltd. All rights reserved. synopticgospel.com
- Unless otherwise noted, all Scriptures are taken from The Synoptic Gospel © 2009. Used by permission of Smart Publishing Ltd. All rights reserved. synopticgospel.com
- Scripture quotations marked The Synoptic Gospel (or TSG) are taken from The Synoptic Gospel © 2009. Used by permission of Smart Publishing Ltd. All rights reserved. synopticgospel.com
C) Use of more than One Hundred verses
For permission to quote or reproduce more than 100 verses in a single commercial or non-commercial work, or fewer verses if they exceed 30% of the total length of a short work, please obtain permission from the publisher and copyright holder, Smart Publishing Ltd., at synopticgospel.com/permissions.
2. Reproduction of the Four Gospel Harmony
A) Use of One full Scene - Up to one full Scene that includes the four Gospel harmony may be reproduced for use in a commercial or non-commercial work if the acknowledgement reads FIVE COLUMN xxx, or FIVE COLUMN xxx.y - where xxx is the scene reference number and y is the verse(s).
B) Use of more than one full Scene - For permission to reproduce or use more than one full Scene of the four Gospel harmony that is found in this publication, please obtain permission from the publisher and copyright holder, Smart Publishing Ltd., at synopticgospel.com/permissions.
3. Use of Other Content
The following specific permissions of use apply to the other materials that are included in FIVE COLUMN: The Synoptic Gospel:
- Cover - No element of the cover design, including its art, graphics or logos may be used in any way without the permission of Smart Publishing Ltd.
- Articles - The seven Articles included in this publication may be copied or reproduced in whole or in part if the acknowledgement reads: Written by Daniel John. © 2014 by Smart Publishing Ltd.
- Note 1-4 - Beyond the uses defined in 4. below (Fair Dealing), no part of Notes 1-4 inclusive may be copied, printed, or reproduced in any form, without the permission of the publisher and copyright holder, Smart Publishing Ltd., which can be requested at synopticgospel.com/permissions.
- Note 5 - An Overview of the Four Gospels may be copied or reproduced in whole or in part if the acknowledgement reads: Written by Daniel John. © 2014 by Smart Publishing Ltd.
- Maps - The Chapter maps of Israel and Jerusalem may be reproduced in whole or in part if the acknowledgement reads: The Synoptic Gospel © 2009 by Smart Publishing Ltd.
- Appendix 1 & 2 - Up to 10% of the contents of Appendix 1 - The Synoptic Gospel Scene Contents and Appendix 2 - Gospel Verse Cross-Reference - may be reproduced if the acknowledgement reads: The Synoptic Gospel © 2014 by Smart Publishing Ltd. To reproduce more than 10% of either Appendix in a single work, please request permission at synopticgospel.com/permissions.
4. Fair Dealing
Fair Dealing is an exception (section 29) to the Canadian Copyright Act (R.S.C., 1985, c. C-42 - www.laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/c-42/page-1.html) which allows for the use of small sections of a work (in the case of this work, fewer than five verses) to be reproduced for non-commercial purposes without the prior written approval of the copyright holder. Common Fair Dealing uses include private study, education, research, review, criticism, parody, satire, and news reporting. Detailed information is available at synopticgospel.com/copyright and laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/c-42/page-9.html.
All material used according to Fair Dealing best practices must be reproduced accurately, and acknowledged as The Synoptic Gospel © 2009 by Smart Publishing Ltd. when quoting only the fifth column text, or as FIVE COLUMN © 2017 by Smart Publishing Ltd. for the reproduction of any part of the four Gospel harmony.
5. Updated Copyright Permissions
In all situations and circumstances, the most current Copyright and Permissions of Use and To Quote requirements for this Smart Publishing Ltd. publication, as found on this page, are in force, and supersede the permissions as stated in every previous edition of this publication.
* * * * *
Scripture originally taken from the NEW AMERICAN STANDARD BIBLE ®
Copyright © 1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995 by the Lockman Foundation, La Habra, California.
All rights reserved. www.lockman.org
If your desired use of the text or verses of this publication exceeds these specified permissions, then a request for Permission to Quote must be obtained in writing from Smart Publishing Ltd. by completing the Permission Request Form, or by sending an email detailing your intended use to: firstname.lastname@example.org.