The Synoptic Gospel: The Story of The Life of Jesus, was compiled by Daniel John and first published in 2009 by Smart Publishing Ltd. The text is reprinted from unified fifth column text of the four Gospel harmony and Merger, FIVE COLUMN: The Synoptic Gospel.
The Synoptic Gospel is not shown to people when they search for a unified Gospel account using Google Search, Youtube Search, and also Amazon Search. Google Search will not ever show the website (synpoticgospel.com) for the book The Synoptic Gospel, even if you search for “The Synoptic Gospel” in quotation marks, while every other search engine that does not use the Google Search algorithm will show the website on the first page of Search results, and even often as the first result, in the top position. Hopefully people will find this work when they search for keywords such as unified Gospel, four Gospel harmony or harmony of the Gospels.
The following timeline details how since the spring of 2015, Google Search stopped showing the website for the book The Synoptic Gospel in the first position of a search for synoptic gospel, and began to not show the website until the fifth page, even when the search was for “The Synoptic Gospel” in quotations, and that since 2021 a Google Search for The Synoptic Gospel or synoptic gospel or “The Synoptic Gospel” will not show the webpage at all, ever. Amazon also will not show the book The Synoptic Gospel at or near the top of their Search results when someone searches for that title in the Books category, even when the title is put in quotations, as “The Synoptic Gospel”, and this despite the fact that three printed editions of the book have been available for sale on Amazon for many years, along with the Kindle edition. Read below to see why...
Interestingly, while Google will today not ever show the synopticgospel.com website for the book, a search for "The Synoptic Gospel" in quotations will display the Amazon listing for the book on the first page of the Google Search results, followed by every other retailer around the world who also carries the book, but Google will not even show the website.
At the end of this note is a list of Search Engines that display the synopticgospel.com website on the first page of search results, and often in the first position, even if you merely search for the two words, synoptic gospel and without quotations.
Timeline of Search Results
- 2009 The four Gospel Harmony of FIVE COLUMN containing the fifth column merger of The Synoptic Gospel was completed, and a red-letter edition of the fifth column text was published in December as, The Synoptic Gospel: The Story of The Life of Jesus, with gold foil on a white cover.
- 2010 A website was built to sell The Synoptic Gospel printed books and the PDF download, at the domain tsg5c.com. PDFs were sold through the website, and the printed books were shipped to four countries.
- 2010 Google Books - A PDF version of the book The Synoptic Gospel was sent to Google for inclusion in their Google Books program (which later became Google Play). Google Books could not display the red letters of Jesus’ words on the interior pages properly, and they also added incorrect title information so that even the copyright date was wrong. After several months, as they apparently could not resolve the red page and other display issues, a printed copy of The Synoptic Gospel was sent to Google Books, for them to scan themselves on their own equipment.
- 2011 Google Books - After Google Books scanned The Synoptic Gospel the red-lettered interior still did not display properly on all of the pages. To make matters worse, the preview for the book on Google Books showed five images from the interior, but as The Synoptic Gospel has only nine full-sized images, which are seven Chapter maps of Israel and two of Jerusalem (which only differ in the highlighted locations that Jesus visited on each) Google Books showed four variations of the Israel map, and one map of Jerusalem, making the book look like an atlas that somehow only features the same map of the Holy Land. There were no sales from Google Books or Google Play, and there never would be.
- 2015 Google Search - Since the book The Synoptic Gospel was first available on a website, a search on Google for synoptic gospel or the synoptic gospel would show the website for the book on the first page of search results, and usually in the first (top) position. In March of 2015 Google changed their search algorithm so that it relied more heavily on Wikipedia page titles, and because there was no Wikipedia entry for the book or the concept of "The Synoptic Gospel" or "synoptic Gospel", Google would auto-complete any search for synoptic gospel or The Synoptic Gospel with an "s" and then show only results for synoptic gospels in the first several pages of the Google Search results, because there is a Wikipedia page about that, which is almost close enough. The website for the book The Synoptic Gospel went from being displayed on the first page, even in the first position of Google Search, to the fifth page, and the position by the end of the 2015 was on the ninth page, despite the fact that Google had been apparently selling the printed book on their own Google Books website for more than three years, from which no sales were ever made.
A Wikipedia page should not be a main criteria used by Google search, especially when an exact matching page does not exist on Wikipedia, or one that closely matches what was searched for. If an exact match cannot be found, then like Wikipedia Search, Google Search should say that there are no exact results, and then ask the searcher to enter different keywords for a different search term, before offering alternatives of possibly related search terms. That would be better than falsely claiming to show 1.8 million search results that are incorrect, in just 0.48 seconds, because this is not even true, as there are only a few thousand search results on 26 pages, and not millions of matches, but rather exactly zero.
The point is that The Synoptic Gospel is a unified or merged harmony of the texts of the four New Testament Gospels, and the book therefore, being a single Gospel account, is the exact opposite of the “synoptic gospels” that Google insists on showing, which is a TOPIC and not and item or product, and is not a Gospel account of any type, but rather discussions about the four Gospels, and comparisons between them, and who the authors might have been. The result is, that when people hear of the book The Synoptic Gospel they should be able to find it on Google Search, and that by showing ONLY results for “synoptic gospels” Google is forces The Synoptic Gospel to compete in a SEPARATE and unrelated topic with the titles of books that are more popular, because the topic “synoptic gospels” has existed for two thousand years since there were four Gospels.
Further, Google Search is in fact saying that after searching through 1.8 million search results in less than half a second there is no such thing as the unified harmony and word-for-word merger of the four Gospels called The Synoptic Gospel anywhere in existence - and this despite the fact that Google itself sold such a book for more than three years, or they refused to sell it, or they sold copies and did not inform Smart Publishing Ltd. about the sales, nor remit any payment.
Because Google is a Search engine, they should show people what they are specifically searching for first, especially when the search term is in quotation marks, and then afterwards show possibly related alternatives. The search term synoptic gospel and the synoptic gospel are unique keyword search terms that do not currently represent anything else that is on earth, so how can Google Search not show the website for the book? The conclusion must be that Google is actively blocking this work, and perhaps have been since the book was first supposedly listed for sale with Google Books back in 2010.
As there is no way to contact customer service at Google Search through the Google website, which is strange for a major internet service like Google Search to not have any way to contact them on their own website, the first of three letters was mailed to the Google headquarters in California. The request was made for Google to examine their search results, and if necessary to add a line of code so that the unique keyword search term of The Synoptic Gospel or “The Synoptic Gospel” would show the website synopticgospel.com for the one and only “synoptic Gospel” in the world. Google did not reply or respond to the mailed letter, nor even acknowledge that they had received it.
- 2015 Google Books - After apparently being available for sale on Google Books and later Google Play for more than 3 years, not one single copy of The Synoptic Gospel was sold on Google Books or Google Play, and not a single payment was ever received by Smart Publishing Ltd. This means one of the following:
- Google Books and Google Play did not sell any copies of the book, or
- Google sold copies of the book and did not inform Smart Publishing Ltd. about the sales, or remit any payments.
As no sales were made after more than three years, in June The Synoptic Gospel was removed from Google Books and Google Play, and launched as a Kindle edition on
Amazon, which immediately began to sell a few copies each month.
- 2015 Amazon - With sales from the Kindle version selling, a printed edition of The Synoptic Gospel was added through CreateSpace, which later became Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP). A few copies of the book were sold.
- 2016 Youtube - A video titled, "What Is The Synoptic Gospel?" was uploaded to a new Youtube channel called "The Synoptic Gospel", along with a video, “What Is FIVE COLUMN”, and the first three videos in the “Overview of The Synoptic Gospels” series (of nine videos). However, because Youtube is owned by Google, it uses the same Search algorithm, so that a Youtube Search for synoptic gospel or The Synoptic Gospel will not show the video, even as "The Synoptic Gospel" in quotations. A Youtube Search for “What is The Synoptic Gospel?” will show the video in the third spot, but only if the full title is put in quotation marks.
Why? Because the video is not as popular as the many videos with the words “synoptic gospels” their titles? The videos cannot become popular or recommended if they are not shown to people when they search for information on the four Gospels, or the synoptic gospels, or merger or harmonies of the Gospel, or a unified Gospel, a four
Gospel merger, synopsis, etc.
- 2016 Google Search - As the website for the book The Synoptic Gospel was now appearing on page twelve of Google Search a second letter was mailed to the Google Headquarters in California. Again Google did not reply, but rather than open the letter, they took the time to put a green sticker on it that read, “undeliverable”, and then posted the unopened letter back to Smart Publishing Ltd.
- 2016 Amazon - Amazon Search, like Google Search, showed results for the plural, synoptic gospels when "The Synoptic Gospel" was searched for in quotations in the Amazon "Books" category. Today (December 2022) the four versions of The Synoptic Gospel are still only shown to customers after they have been shown several more popular selling books with “Synoptic Gospels” in their titles, because just like Google, Amazon insists on auto-completing your search with an “s” - because that is what Google and Wikipedia show, and these other titles about the synoptic gospels are more popular and sell more copies for Amazon - no doubt because they are shown to people rather than The Synoptic Gospel which is way down on the third or fourth page.
Adding quotation marks around the Amazon search term does not help, and after the first five years of the printed book being available for sale on Amazon, only seven printed copies of The Synoptic Gospel had been sold.
Amazon Customer Service was contacted about the search rankings for The Synoptic Gospel, and Amazon says that their search results are “working correctly” when the search term is auto-completed with an “s”, and that to see the book on the first page or in the top position of the Amazon BOOKS category the searcher must also include the name of the author in their search query. Who knows both the name of the author AND also the title of a book that they have heard briefly mentioned, and are searching for on Amazon? How many customers searching on Amazon know that to find a specific book they also have to enter the author's name for the title of the book to be shown to them, even when putting the title of the book in quotations?
A search in the Amazon Books category shows titles by sales rank, even if the title is not what you are SPECIFICALLY searching for, and even if they have THAT EXACT ITEM that you are searching for in stock. Amazon does not respect titles nor acknowledge quotation marks - so that you can somehow half-guess the title of a book and find it, and yet, somehow for “The Synoptic Gospel”, even in quotation marks, you also have to know the name of the author. Amazon just wants to show you popular items, even if they are not what you are specifically searching for. Many people have mentioned, and have also complained, that they could not find The Synoptic Gospel on Amazon when they searched for it, to purchase a copy. And yet, a few copies do sell each month, of both the printed books and also the Kindle version. So why not show people the book?
- 2017 Google Search - Since 2015, the position of The Synoptic Gospel book and especially the synopticgospel.com website continued to slip from being in the top position on the first page of Google Search results to lower positions on the 12th and then the 16th page. Thinking that maybe Google did not like the HTML coded website, or the URL address, a new WordPress website was built at the domain synopticgospel.com. Because this did not improve the Search results much, a third letter was mailed to Google, this time to the Legal Department, which like the first two letters, was also not acknowledged or replied to.
- 2018 Google Adwords - Using Google Adwords to boost the rank of the book and the website with Google Search was considered, but money should not need to be spent to rank in a UNIQUE KEYWORD SEARCH category for which The Synoptic Gospel is the only entry with that name in the world. Using Adwords The Synoptic Gospel would be competing with every other search that included the words “synoptic” or “gospel” and “gospels” in their Adwords, which is creating competition were there was none.
Google Adwords is used to rank higher against your competition within Google Search, but there is no competition for The Synoptic Gospel and the book is not about the "synoptic gospels". Why should money be given to Google to compete in the crowded category of “synoptic gospels”? Search access to the book and website is apparently blocked by Google in order to sell Adwords. To block search access so that a content owner or website is forced to pay to be found by a search algorithm is not right or ethical.
There is no reason that a Google Search for the synoptic gospel would not show the synopticgospel.com website or The Synoptic Gospel book on the first page of search results, especially when the search terms are in quotations, as "The Synoptic Gospel". Other search engines will show the synopticgospel.com website immediately after the Wikipedia and Britanica links when you search for synoptic gospel - even in lower case and without quotation marks.
As Google Adwords could not guarantee that The Synoptic Gospel would always be shown on the first page of search results even using Adwords, Adwords was not used.
For a list of Search engines that will and will not show the synopticgospel.com website (also thesynopticgospel.com) see the last page of this note.
There was no improvement in search result rankings with either Google, or Amazon, or Youtube Search, and they still do not display The Synoptic Gospel book or the website on the first page of search results, even when searching for "The Synoptic Gospel" in quotations, despite the fact that Bing and many other search engines show the synopticgospel.com website on the first page, and even in the top spot, for a search of synoptic gospel with or without quotations.
For a list of Search engines that will and will not show the synopticgospel.com website (also thesynopticgospel.com) see the last page of this note.
- 2019 Google Search - In an attempt to be ranked higher by the Google Search engine, a Google My Business listing was added for The Synoptic Gospel as a religious bookstore in Vancouver. Now a search for The Synoptic Gospel on Google will show the Google business listing prominently in the first position of the first page of Google Search, but the results still do not show the book until the Amazon listing on the fourth page. Why does Google Search show the Amazon listing for the book The Synoptic Gospel before the actual website synopticgospel.com about the book, which it will never show?
Clearly Google is actively blocking search access to the book The Synoptic Gospel and its website synopticgospel.com so that no one can find this unique, unified Gospel account.
- 2020 The Unified Four Gospel Harmony - After many years of Google and Youtube and Amazon Search not showing results for The Synoptic Gospel book or the synopticgospel.com website on the first page or two of search results - despite all three of these internet giants either selling the books, or hosting videos about the book - this reprint of The Synoptic Gospel was created, titled, The Unified Four Gospel Harmony, so that hopefully people will finally be able to find this excellent work when they search for a unified harmony of the four Gospels on Google, Youtube and Amazon. The Unified Four Gospel Harmony is only available through Amazon, as both a paperback book, and also as a Kindle edition.
- 2022 Google Search - As of December 2022, a search for synoptic gospel or the synoptic gospel on Google Search, or any other search engine that uses or relies on the Google algorithm, will still not ever show the website syncopticgospel.com, although every other search engine shows the website on the first page of their search results. The Google search results are better if you search for “the synoptic gospel” in quotation marks, and then Google will show you the Amazon and other book retailer ads, but you will still not see any page from the website synopticgospel.com until page four. If you search on Google for “The Synoptic Gospel Daniel John” Google will prominently show you a picture of the old 2009 edition of The Synoptic Gospel, with the old white cover, which they themselves scanned and then supposedly never sold a single copy of. No other search engine will show you that old image. Over the years, the cover of The Synoptic Gospel has evolved from white to red and now green, to distinguish it from it’s sister book, The Red Letter Gospel: With All The Words of Jesus Christ In Red.
- 2022 Amazon - Amazon still claims that they are right to show six to ten books with “synoptic gospels” in their title when people search for The Synoptic Gospel before showing the printed book or the Kindle edition. Despite the book being deprecated in Amazon Search, currently (as of December 2022) The Synoptic Gospel has only five reviews, all of them 5-star.
- 2022 Youtube - After six years (as of December 2022), the first four videos that were uploaded in 2016 have only been viewed on Youtube just over 1,000 times in total. In total, the eleven videos on Youtube have been collectively viewed just over 1,380 times, and despite there only being eleven video uploaded, there are currently 26 subscribers to the channel. To date, the videos have received 31 likes and 0 dislikes, and 2 comments have been left by viewers, both of which were positive.
To sum up the past thirteen years of dealing with Google, without regard to why Google Books could not sell any copies of the book after more than three years, and then not display the website for The Synoptic Gospel, or the book itself, and now an outright ban on ever showing the synopticgospel.com website, has shown that clearly Google stands against this work of a unified harmony and word-for-word merger of the texts of the four Gospels.
Amazon is likewise unconcerned with showing The Synoptic Gospel until you have been forced to view six to ten more popular books with “synoptic gospels” in their titles. Youtube likewise, autocompletes your Search to show a dozen videos about the “synoptic gospels” before showing any of the three videos that have “The Synoptic Gospel” in their title.
"Synoptic gospel" is a UNIQUE KEYWORD SEARCH TERM, because apparently nothing else exists in the world that is called “The Synoptic Gospel”, and therefore a search for the synoptic gospel or synoptic gospel on Google, Youtube or Amazon SHOULD show the book The Synoptic Gospel on the synopticgospel.com website on the first page of Search results, and also in the first position, before any results for synoptic gospels are shown, including the Wikipedia and Britanica entries for
synoptic gospels. And this should certainly be the case if "The Synoptic Gospel" or "synoptic gospel" is searched for in quotation marks. Why not show people what they are searching for?
It is also noted that any search for the related keywords associated with The Synoptic Gospel, as listed in the metadata for the book and on the website, including terms such as "harmony of the Gospels", "gospel harmony", "four Gospel harmony", "gospel merger" or "merger of the Gospels", etc. should also show a search result for the book The Synoptic Gospel at the synopticgospel.com website, as it does for books with “synoptic gospels” in their titles, but it does not. It appears unlikely that Google Search, and Youtube or Amazon, will ever show the synopticgospel.com website to anyone who is searching for The Synoptic Gospel, so this book, The Unified Four Gospel Harmony, has been created and published in the hope that people could find the unified Gospel text of this book, under whatever name.
It is further noted that the heavy reliance on Wikipedia page entries by Google Search means that the search results from Google and Youtube are not organic in any way, but are apparently displayed to show ads and sell products, even products that you are not really looking for. But most of the products, books and websites of the world do not have their own Wikipedia page, and this is not, and has not been an issue for every search engine in the word that does not use the Google algorithm.
Other search engines will show the synopticgospel.com website on the first page of search results, and sometimes in the first position on that first page, rather than waste
people’s time scrolling through pages of related keywords and search results that the person did not input, and was not looking for.
A List of Search Engines
In the left column of the chart below is a list of some of the Search engines that use the Google Search algorithm, and who like Google Search will not show the website synopticgospel.com (and thesynopticgosple.com) which is about the book, The Synoptic Gospel: The Story of The Life of Jesus. The Bad Search Engines will all autocomplete with an “s” and then proceed to show many pages of Search results for websites and books with “synoptic gospels” in their title, before they will display any results for the book, The Synoptic Gospel, which they may do, but the listings will be for the book on Amazon and other retailers, before showing the book on the website synopticgospel.com. Google and several others will not ever show the website, synopticgospel.com, even if you search for the book, “The Synoptic Gospel” in quotation marks.
By contrast, on the right is a list of the Good Search Engines that do not use the Google Search algorithm, and who therefore properly display The Synoptic Gospel book and the synopticgospel.com website on the first page of their search results, even when you only search for synoptic gospel in lowercase, and without quotation marks. Many of these Good Search Engines will also not only display The Synoptic Gospel on the first page of their Search results, but most will place the website synopticgospel.com at the very top of the page, in the First Position, after the obligatory but incorrect Wikipedia and Encyclopedia Britanica entries for “synoptic gospels”.
A List of Search Engines
|Bad Search Engines||Good Search Engines||Position|
|and many more...|